The new Living Story content, Gates of Maguuma, brings new resource mats, new equipment and a lot of new recipes.
I’ve been playing it for a few days, now, getting a feel for the market and trying to figure out what I can make some gold on. It’s subject to change, but based on my current feel for the new content and rewards, here’s my quick assessment:
- The Nomad’s attribute line (Toughness, Vitality, Healing) will have limited appeal. Unless you have a need for it, sell the recipes, now, while they’re hot.
- All the Nomad gear, including food, appears to be account bound. So, like Celestial gear, you can’t buy recipes and use them to make gear you can sell.
- If you have a 400 Chef, get some of the new food recipes. Some of these are very OP.
- If you don’t need the gear or care about the food, spend your Geodes on keys to open chests.
- Make Ambrite sheets, if you can, and resell them. They’re very pricey, right now, bringing a nice bit of silver. You get Ambrite from the storyline rewards and from chests.
That’s about it, for now. As I get a better feel for this update, I’ll keep you up to date. At the moment, since everything you can make is account bound, the opportunities to make gold from this appears to lie with selling Ambrite and selling any recipes you get.